Sunday, May 31, 2015

Mani swap month on my Instagram account

Hi guys,

in the month of May I was celebrating my Birthday and thus decided to share some IG love :). As part of my May activities I asked a few lovely ladies on Instagram, if they would like to do a #maniswap with me and they all agreed to it. I believe we all did a great job in recreating each others manicures. If you would like to check out all the post, head to my account nailsby_judinka123 (http://instagram.com/nailsby_judinka123/). And of course, below I will post as many of the pictures as I can. Hope I can find them all ;)

Mani swap #1 with @srasandhu (https://instagram.com/srasandhu/)

As the first mani swap goes, I decided to recreate Lupita's bright manicure and she went with one of my very first manicures inspired by "Art".

First I applied white base color from Julep and added a gradient using different shades of yellow, orange and magenta. Her mani is a half moon manicure, thus I added white stripes mimicking the half moon shape at the base of the nails. The striping polish was from Sally Hansen.

The below picture has the original manicures on the left and the recreations are on the right. You should definitely go and check out Lupita's account on Instagram!!! You won't be disappointed :)


Mani swap #2 with @secretjewelgarden (https://instagram.com/secretjewelgarden/)

My next mani swap was with Iva. I absolutely love every one of her manicures and secretly envy her long nails. She is a lovely and talented lady and again, one of those who deserve all the IG love they can get.

For our mani swap I decided to recreate her negative space glitter bomb manicure. Because I do not own this Zoya nail polish, I used my China Glaze Water You Waiting For. I really liked the way this turned out...and as you can tell, I even messed up the direction of the lines...lol

Iva went with my Sea life themed mani from the #nailschallenge2015 #bestnailschallenge theme and used the same stamping plate from MoYou London. I think she did a great job and it was stunning.

The originals are on the left and the recreations are on the right.


Mani swap #3 with @ladybugemmommy (https://instagram.com/ladybugemmommy/)

Now Liza has some serious talent when it comes to water marbling manicures. Her pictures are awesome and her manicures are original and so much fun. This was my second time doing a mani swap with her. She is probably one of the larger accounts on IG that I am in daily contact with but she definitely deserves so much more IG love and followers!!! So far I have never been disappointed in any of her manicures and she is a blast to chat with as well. Please make sure you check her Instagram account out.

Because I never tried water marble on my nails yet, I was thrilled to find this mani of hers as we both have the same nail art stencil from SmartNails (I have a full review on them on my blog, make sure to check it out). For my base of Liza's original mani I used OPI's Cant't Afjord Not To and topped it with Wet and Wild's polish from the last year's limited Wild Shine collection; Teal Slowly and See.

Liza recreated my blue and white gradient manicure.I really loved how both of our recreations worked out for this mani swap. In this picture the originals are on the top and the recreations are on the bottom. 


Mani swap #4 with @nbnailart (https://instagram.com/nbnailart/)

This mani swap was with the lovely Bianka who is one of the accounts that are growing every day and again, all of that is well deserved. Her manicures are on spot and the quality of both her manis and pictures is great. Besides being a sweet and talented person, she also hosts a nail art challenge #glamnailschallenge. Make sure you check out this hastag on Instagram because she and her friends have great themes every month. And during this mani swap we not only discovered that we love nail art but also that we speak a common language (that is not English)...lol...this mani swap was just so much fun.

This month I was absolutely obsessed with negative space manicures; thus when I saw Bianka's, I knew this was the one I wanted to recreate...little did I know that this will be more work than it actually looks like. Placing all those tiny rhinestones was soooo tedious but the end result was worth it!!! For my base I used China Glaze nail polish from their spring collection; Pop The Trunk.

Bianka recreated my Bunny manicure from the #nailschallenge2015 #bestnailschallenge entry and she did an amazing job...mostly, because my bunnies are water decals from Born Pretty Store and hers are hand painted...yes, hand painted :) I am in love with her recreation and I was so happy to be able to do this swap with her.

Please excuse the below picture, for some reason I cannont locate the original picture, so I am posting the one she sent me over. The originals are on the left and the recreations are on the right. Please make sure you visit her Instagram account and make sure to follow her.




Mani swap #5 with @sugerodriguez (https://instagram.com/sugerodriguez/)

Sugeily became one of my close IG friends after she first approached me asking if I would like to do a mani swap with her a few months ago. Thus, my choice to ask her to do a mani swap this month was natural. She is a mommy and I really adore the fact that she has time for her family, work and being really active on Instagram as well. Her account is growing every day and you should as well check it out. She is creative and her manicures are simple yet eye catching.

As you can tell I did choose another negative space mani for our swap as well. Not really sure what was going on with that but I was drawn to them and I loved all the ideas people came up with. For this mani I first applied KB Shimmer top coat and then added the glitter layer from Wet and Wild - Rocking Rubies and topped it with China Glaze nail polish from the Electric Nights collection; Red-y To Rave. To capture the neon polish I ended up taking the picture in my window because the artificial light and my light box were not giving it the justice!!!

And as you can see, my white and blue gradient manicure is quite famous amongst the IG community (lol) because Sugeily also decided to recreate this one. As per her words, she wore it for a few days...and I exactly know what she meant by that ;).


Mani swap #6 with @nonsmudjnails (https://instagram.com/nonsmudjnails/)

This was my first mani swap with Gina. When I was going through my list of followers, her manicures made me stop and the decision was made!!! She was one the accounts I wanted to try to do a mani swap because Gina's manicures are gorgeous and she is posting frequently as well. You should definitely stop by at her Instagram account and follow her.

Gina also does a lot of water marbling manicures (a skill I need to learn how to do yet) so I was glad when I came across this flower manicure of hers. It was one of the easiest manicures I have ever done but the end result was surprising!!! For my base I used Pelican Grey from China Glaze and different colors for flowers from OPI, Wet and Wild and Sally Hansen.

Gina has recreated my Valentine's Day manicure using the same stamping plate and designs from MoYou London. Her recreation is stunning and I think she did a much better job than I did with the original one...hahaha. The originals are on the top and the recreations are on the bottom in the below picture.

Mani swap # 7 with @glitterglossfun (https://instagram.com/glitterglossfun/)

My next mani swap was with Serena who lives in New Zeland...so coordinating this mani swap was a bit tricky but we made it. Her account is one of the smaller ones but I really think and believe that she deserves more followers. I really enjoy her creativity and the way she styles her pictures. She also has a nail art challenge with fun themes #glitterglossfunnailartchallenge (this is a long hastag, I know ;)).

For our mani swap I have recreated Serena's half moon manicure using Wet and Wild nail polish (Love Me Some Muscles!) as my base topped with a holographic polish from Color Club - Beyond. I was absolutely in love with this manicure in real life, the picture is just not giving it enough justice.

Serena decided to recreate my Chevron manicure that I honestly thought was kind of a nail fail in my version but I think she did an absolutely amazing job giving it more life ;) The originals are on the top and the recreations are on the bottom.


Mani swap #8 with @srasandhu (https://instagram.com/srasandhu/)

And last but not least, another mani swap with the absolutely amazing Lupita. She actually sent me several pictures that she would like to do mani swaps with, so I am sure in the near future you will see another one from us!!!

For this manicure I went with this intriguing design that looks chic and complicated at the same time but I tell you a secret...it is much easier than looks...lol...this was another mani where I could not get a good picture using my light box so I ended up taking it in my window. As my base I used OPI's Go With the Lava Flow polish topped with black matte nail polish from Julep (Cleopatra).

She recreated my stamping mani using the same stamping plate and design from Pueen.


I hope you liked this short sum up of all the mani swaps I have done in the month of May with my lovely IG friends. Please make sure you check out the above mentioned ladies; I am sure you will fall in love with their designs and accounts in general. Each of them is different and is bringing something new to the nail art community.

No comments:

Post a Comment