Friday, October 2, 2015

A new indie beauty seller - Chloe Meranda and her new line is live!!!

Hi guys,

today I have a quick and fun review for you. About 2 months ago, the lovely Chloe Meranda announced on her Instagram account that she is launching her own business for hair and body products. When I saw her announcement I decided to contact her and she was kind enough to consider me and sent me two samples for review.

I was so glad when Chloe offered to send a few items from her indie line for review. Shipping was fast and the items were nicely packaged.
The official date for her online store opening was September 22, 2015, and she has some really nice things to offer. You can check out the online store under this link https://www.etsy.com/shop/ChloeMeranda . Besides hand cream/balm and the lip balm she sent me for review, she also carries hair products and soaps. The soaps look very intriguing; however, I do not use them so I don't think I would be the best candidate to review them...All her products are organic and she is not using any harsh chemicals.

Sample size packaging for the Hand Balm and Lip Balm. They are so cute.
And now onto the quick review I have for you. Hmmmm, were to start? Maybe I will start with the lip balm first.

Lip Balm

I really like this product. I am always in a need of a good lip balm and this seems to be working really well for my constantly chopped lips. The balm comes in a small container so if you are not a big fan of dipping your fingers in the jar and applying it on your lips, this might not be the right fit for you. I do not have any problems applying balms with my fingers; and you can always just dip your lips in it. The jar is wide enough and not too deep (at least the sample size I received; not sure if the full size product is in a bigger packaging or not).

Really like the Lip Balm. All her products are organic with no strong scent to them. There might be oil residue visible but it is an all natural product so it is quite normal.
The application is smooth and had no problems when transferring it onto my lips. There is no scent to it at all so if you like items without the overwhelming smell, this is a great product. All in all I was really happy with this lip balm and am enjoying it every day. You can click on this link and it will take you directly to this product if you are interested in checking it out https://www.etsy.com/listing/248965707/lip-balm?ref=shop_home_active_22 .

Hand balm

Now with this product I do have mixed feeling. And again, keep in mind these are sample sizes so they may be behaving different in a full size jar but with the hand balm I found it hard to work with due to being in the sample size container. The balm seems to be too hard and not easy to get out from the packaging. First I tried to use it as a hand cream but I did not get out any product. So I asked Chloe how else I could use it, and she advised to apply a small amount on dry patchy areas of my skin. So I thought that would be great for my dry elbows. Again, I ran into the problem of getting any product on my fingers. Tried to warm it up a little bit by rubbing and swirling my one finger on the top of the product (more I cannot really fit in the sample size because of my longer nails) but was not getting too much product.

I think my review might be a bit deceiving due to the sample size of the jar. I like the product, but it is hard for me to get it out because it is very firm and I can't get my fingers in the jar very well.
I do think that my review of this product may not be true to how it behaves in a regular packaging. I do like the subtle clean scent which is similar to the lip balm's and the fact the ingredients are organic; I just could not get it to work for me. The next thing I will try is to use it as my cuticle balm; I think that would work for me. If you are interested in trying the full size of this hand balm, you can check it out under this link https://www.etsy.com/listing/249073964/hand-balm?ref=shop_home_active_1 .

So all in all I am very excited for Chloe and I hope her business will grow and that you guys head to her online store and check out all the products she has currently available. I am always happy to see new indie sellers and these last few months I have discovered so many great companies (mostly nail related of course, lol). If you want to stay up to date with Chloe's products and store info, you can also check out her IG account chloemeranda (https://instagram.com/chloemeranda/). A big thank you to Chloe for sending me the above samples and I believe you guys won't be disappointed either. Have a great day all and I will be back with more soon.

For more reviews and updates you can also check out my Instagram accounts and Facebook:
Instagram:
judinkanailart - https://instagram.com/judinkanailart/
jfcmakeupandmore - https://instagram.com/jfcmakeupandmore/

Facebook:
Judinka Nail Art - https://www.facebook.com/Judinka-Nail-Art-1571306083130293/timeline/?notif_t=page_user_activity


No comments:

Post a Comment